YouTube For Kids is an application that collects children’s video content for viewing on Android. The user has access to entertaining and educational videos, interesting cartoons and children’s films. The program allows you to customize parental controls and choose the appropriate content based on the age of the child.
Features and differences from standard YouTube
With regard to the technical part and functionality, the children’s version and the full-fledged video hosting do not differ – YouTube for Kids remains a fast and convenient platform for watching videos on Android. The differences are as follows:
- Parental control. Using special algorithms, the video hosting system excludes unwanted videos. Adults may block content that parents think is inappropriate for a child to watch.
- Interface. Menu and design have been changed and simplified. Colorful buttons, splash screens, the ability to design a children’s profile.
- Selection of categories. The program uses a new division by content type, which is not available in the usual service.
Due to the correct setting of parental control, the program displays videos by age, subject and duration. If the user discovers materials that do not comply with the rules of the site, when a sufficient number of complaints are collected, the video is deleted.
How to use
At the first start, you must specify the real age of one of the parents. For authorization, a standard YouTube account is used, on the basis of which a separate children’s profile is created with the name and date of birth. Based on the entered data, the program will compile lists of recommendations (each video is assigned an age rating).
An additional option is to enable or disable search: when the function is enabled, the child will be able to search for other videos, in addition to recommendations, and if you disable the option, only the selection of the application will remain available for viewing on Android. Videos are divided into categories:
- “Obzor” – here you can find fresh cartoons and broadcasts.
- “Learning” – cognitive channels.
- “Music” – video recordings with songs, children’s clips, concerts.
- “Show” – serial programs, serials.
YouTube For Kids is an option for parents who don’t want to isolate their child from internet use but want to control the content. Thanks to the functionality of the application, parents will stop constantly checking the children’s gadget, leaving the young network user without strict supervision.
You can download the YouTube Kids app on Android from our website for free, without registration and SMS, using the direct link below.